Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pinwheel Spinner Cards

"Let's make some Pinwheel Spinner Cards"

Aug 19, 2013, 2:53 PM
I had a friend over to my home yesterday to make some cards. We each made 12 of these cards. TOO CUTE! It was so much fun having a friend to help with the assembly of the cards.

After we decided on the papers to use we got busy with our assembly line. We first cut all the pieces of our cardstock and decided what went with what.

Then while she was adhering the card pieces and punching the slot for the pinwheel to slide in, I assembled the little pinwheels.

After that, we each stamped our own sentiment on the front and added our pinwheels. All that was left was to add this completed piece to the front of a white A2 sized card. The only thing we changed was that we didn't find it necessary to double stack the dimensionals with the one's we were using.



The one thing we forgot to do was to add texture by running it through the BigShot.
However, they still turned out GREAT!

I cut my pinwheels using Make the Cut! As, I didn't have the Sizzlets die.
You can download my MTC file for the pinwheel at the end of this post. I'll also include
an SVG pinwheel file for those of you that prefer an SVG.
Enjoy!
Aug 19, 2013, 2:53 PM Aug 19, 2013, 2:52 PM
You can find a wonderful video here explaining how to make this card!

Pinwheel SVG file
Spinner Card SVG file
Pinwheel Spinner Card MTC file

Tip about this file...I found it easier to only have the center hole cut with my cutter. I then just used my piercing tool to make holes in every other corner. Then just place your piercing tool in the center hole coming up from the bottom and using it's point grab each of those corner holes. Then push down all the way on your piercing tool, pinch off and add your brad. Easy peasy!
 
" Have a Blessed Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment