Thursday, May 26, 2011

Manhattan Roses my Way

They are called "Manhattan Roses". It's a sizzix folder, but I didn't want to order it and have to wait! 
So, I pixel traced the image from a website using MTC and saved it as an svg. Then I opened it in SCAL2 to close the open petal edges using the edit nodes feature. I then saved it as an svg and opened it again in MTC to cut with my Black Cat cougar.

I cut 4 pieces of just regular card stock and adhered them on top of each other. Then I used my Big Shot to emboss the image. I used the de-bossed side and using a brayer and 3 colors of ink, I brayered on the colors starting with the lightest and ending with the darkest. I used a portion of the 12 x 12 sheet that I had cut from to use as a mask so I would only get ink on the roses. Then I stamped a message on the outside, spritzed a clear sparkle mist on all and put tiny dots of diamond stickles around the edges. I popped up the image with pop dots before adhering to the front of the 5" by 7" card. I hope this inspires you to give this technique a try!

Here's the MTC be sure to tick the check box for
Use Actual at 90 dpi~

Manhattan Rose SVG

Here's a slideshow of some other images I've used while trying out this technique. 
These I embossed on some note cards.

" Have a Blessed Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment