Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My first ever ATC swap!

So, what is an ATC?
It stands for Artist Trading Card. They are always 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" and are always traded. Just about anything goes otherwise. I've enjoyed finding out more about them and the one thing that everyone says, is once you start making them you'll become addicted. This is so true! I have had so much fun putting these together and wanted to share them with you.
Zenita on the MTC forum is the one that organized this swap. It was so popular she had to make a second group of 12 and that is the group I'm in. The theme was Spring and so I thought flowers and birds. I did search around on the web for idea's and saw a card very similar to this and so that is what I decided to do for mine. Although we didn't have to use our cutter's I decided to use my cougar and MTC for most of my elements since this was a swap in the MTC forum. I admit my old (crapcut) could have never cut these tiny little flowers!

I used a heavier watercolor card stock for the base and vellum for the layer above that. I used lots of Stickles glitter glue and my glaze pens to give certain parts their shine. I took apart an old chain for the top of the birdcage and attached it with a small brad in the corner. I popped up the limb and bird with pop dots to give it more dimension. At the bottom I added a small button over some tissue paper confetti strips and last I added a touch of scent with my card scents so they also smell fabulous! The last thing to do was slide each into it's own protective sleeve. Even though mine are slightly 3D they went in easily. I got the sleeves at Hobby Lobby where the baseball card hobby area is. That is actually what they are.

 
" Have a Blessed Day!"

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ATC cards Connie!! You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, what sz sleeve would I need for a basic card?
    Thanks
    Lindacrew4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zenita is a friend of mine! I can't wait to join the next ATC swap. And your bird cards are amazing...LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete